PCB (Process Control Block)
· It is also known as Task Control Block (TCB).
· It is a data structure where the running process saves in one place. It is called PCB.
· While creating a process the OS perform several operations.
· All off the information needed to keep track of a process when switching is kept in a data package called Process Control Block.
· PCB is used to track of all the process execution status. Each block of memory contains information about the process state, program counter, CPU scheduling etc.
· All these information is required and must be saved when the process is switched from one state to another.
· PCB store all process related information.