The Internet is a massive “networks of networks”. It is an information superhighway. It is a huge of information on every possible and imaginable topic. It connects millions of computer together globally, forming a network in which any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the computer.
What is internet definition
A. According to the federal networking council:- Internet refers to the global information system that:-
• Logically linked together by globally unique address space based on internet protocol or its subsequent extensions.
• Provides, uses, or makes accessible, either publicly or privately, high-level services layered on communication and related information.
The internet is defined as a global computer network providing a variety of information and communication facilities, consisting of interconnected networks using a standardized communication protocol. The Internet is made up of billions of files and pages.
What is advantage and disadvantages of internet?
What are the 10 advantages of internet?
4. Online Learning
5. Fast and Easiest Communication
6. News Updating.
7. Online Communication
8. Online Shopping
9. Digital Marketing
What are the disadvantages of Internet?
1. ID Theft
2. Virus Threat
3. Communication Problem
4. Social Networking.
5. Theft of Personal Details
6. Hacking of Data
7. Health Problem
What is the history of internet?
History of internet is explain below..
ARPANET was a great success but membership was limited to certain academic and research organizations that had contracts with the defense departments. In response to this, other networks were created to provide information sharing. January 1, 1983, is considered the official birthday of the INTERNET.
Who is the founder of Internet and when?
Vint Cerf, is an American Internet pioneer and is recognized as one of “the fathers of the Internet”. January 1, 1983
What are the characteristics of internet?
Characteristic of internet?
Complex network: with the simplified definition as a “network of networks” that comprises of over 150 million computers.
Disorganized: The internet can be difficult, and Confusing, even for experienced users.
Decentralized system: millions of individual networks and over 150 million individual computers connected throughout the world.
Composed of billions of files: file pertaining to thousands of subjects, disciplines, and professions are available in numerous forms of file formats.
wide usage: more than 147 million people use the internet over 40 million of whom use it every day.
International scope: This global network is accessed by people in approximately 140 countries; people in over 155 countries use internet mail as a facility for immediate messaging.
Dynamic: changing every minute of every day. On average,a new network is connected to the internet every 30 minutes, presently.
Infrastructure of internet
Today, different types of computers come into the market. Be it large mainframes or small PCs or slow and fast, the Internet connects them all.
A COMPUTER IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET AT TWO LEVELS,
1) Hardware: Hardware is a physical device that we can touch and feel are devices called hardware. The hardware includes a network interface, modems, and cables to hook the computer physically on the internet.
2) Software: we cannot touch any devices called software. The software is required to make this communication between computers understandable and meaningful. The software includes browser, programs, etc.
Hardware and software requirement of internet?
The selection of the right hardware and necessary software is the major role of the internet. The following are the method of connecting a computer to the internet user to the software and hardware.
HARDWARE REQUIREMENT: The minimum hardware requirements for internet connection are:
I. Desktop PC/Laptop: Any type of computer from the mainframes to personal computers and laptops can be used for connecting to the internet.
II. Modem (Modular/DE Modular): Computers store data in digital and analog form. A modem converts data from one form to another. The process of converting digital data to analog form is called modulation. The process of converting analog data to digital form is called demodulation.
The software requirements for internet connections are:
1) Browser: Browser is a software application used to enable computer users to locate and access web pages. Some commonly used web browsers are:
I. Microsoft Internet Explorer
II. Google Chrome
III. Mozilla Firefox
2) Router Drivers: Drivers are system programs, which are responsible for the proper functioning of devices.
What is the internet application ?
An internet user has access to a wide variety of services such as electronic mail, file transfer, multimedia display, real-time broadcasting, shopping opportunities, and much more.
1. E-mail: Email also called electronic mail, mail can use in exchanging of digital messages from an author to one or more recipients using the internet. E-mail is a system that allows a person or a group to electronically communicate with others through Internet.
e-mail address used on the internet has the following format “ [email protected] domain name”.
2. FTP: FTP is called file transfer protocol is a client /server protocol used for transferring files to or exchanging files with a host computer. FTP is commonly used to transfer Web page files from the internet.
3. IRC: IRC is called internet relay chat. IRC is a service on the Internet that allows people to communication in real-time and carry on conversations via the computer with one or more people.
4. Telnet: “Telnet is a protocol that runs on top of TCP/IP and allows one to connect to remote computers on the Internet by using a user name and a password and to run programs on those computers, Telnet is a simple, text-based program that allows you to connect to another computer by using the internet. Telnet can be used for many things, including accessing e-mail, databases, or files.
5. WWW: World Wide Web (WWW) is one of the latest and most popular hypertext-based Internet tools. World Wide Web, also called Web, is the part of the internet that supports multimedia and consists of a collection of linked documents. “World Wide Web” abbreviated of WWW.
6. Archie: It’s a tool. Archie tool is the first information search tool. Users who have the Archie software, or who can use the Telnet command to connect to an Archie server, can access this database.
7. Gopher: The other type of information retrieval tool available on the Internet Gopher, a menu-based interface that provides easy access to information residing on special servers, called Gopher sites. By selecting an item an item on the Gopher menu users can move, retrieve, or display files from remote sites.
8. Video Conferencing: Video conferencing uses the same technology as IRC, but also provide sound and video pictures. It enables direct face to face communication across a network.
What are the Internet connection types?
1) Dial up connection: Dial-up modem are popular among individuals and small to the mid-size organization because they are inexpensive and easy to install and maintain.
2) ISDN connection: ISDN is a low to medium bandwidth digital connection. A dual-channel ISDN connection can combine both phone and internet transmissions simultaneously.
3) DSL connection: DSL is a high bandwidth digital connection. DLS delivers high-speed bandwidth similar to coaxial cable modems.
4) Direct connection: Direct connection also called persistent connection offers the highest bandwidth of all connection types. Direct connections not use a modem or a dialing process.
4. Coaxial cable connection: coaxial cable connection provides high bandwidth at a relatively low expense.
What’s the difference between WWW and Internet?
The Internet is a massive “networks of networks”. It is an information superhighway. It is huge of information on every possible and imaginable topic. It connects millions of computers together globally, forming a network in which any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the computer.
World Wide Web (WWW) is one of the latest and most popular hypertext-based Internet tools. World Wide Web, also called Web, is the part of the internet that supports multimedia and consists of a collection of linked documents. “World Wide Web” abbreviated WWW.
How did you like this article what is internet explain in detail? Do we hope that this article is about What is internet? You must have liked it and you have got to know a lot of new things in it.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this post in your mind, then you can message in the comment box below.
If you liked this article, please share this article on social media sites like Facebook and Whatsapp etc. Thank you for your time.